A complete patch management solution
GFI LANguard Network Security Scanner (N.S.S.) is a complete patch management solution.
After it has scanned your network and determined missing patches and service packs – both in the operating system (OS) and in Microsoft applications – GFI LANguard N.S.S. can deploy those service packs and patches network-wide, without user intervention.
GFI LANguard N.S.S. is the ideal companion to Microsoft SUS: Use GFI LANguard NSS to deploy service packs, Microsoft Office patches and patch reporting; and use Microsoft SUS for operating system patches.GFI LANguard Network Security Scanner is a patch management solution.
GFI LANguard supports service pack and application patching for English, Spanish, Italian, French and German versions of Windows NT/2000/2003/XP.
For those who do not want to use Microsoft SUS, GFI LANguard N.S.S. can deploy patches for English versions of Windows NT/2000/2003/XP. English-version Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft ISA Server patches can also be deployed.
GFI LANguard N.S.S. includes a fast TCP/IP and UDP port-scanning engine, allowing you to scan your network for unnecessary open ports. GFI LANguard N.S.S. identifies well-known services (such as www/FTP/telnet/SMTP… ) and also supports “banner grabbing”, that is, it queries the port for an application name.
Minimum (for 1-10 computers):
Recommended (for 10-500 computers)
Recommended (for 5000+ computers)
Processors: 2 x 3GHz quad core
Minimum (for WAN): 256KBps
Average bandwidth usage in LAN (full scan, 3 scanning threads): 550KBps
.NET Framework version – 2.0; Report Pack requires 1.1
Database Backend – Ms Access; MSDE; SQL Server 2000 and later
Here are some key features of “GFI LANguard Network Security Scanner”:
· Automatically checks the password policy for all machines on the network
· Checks for programs that run automatically (potential trojans)
· Finds out if the OS is advertising too much information
· Performs simultaneous scans through the multithread scan engine
· Provides NetBIOS hostname, currently logged username and MAC address
· Provides a list of shares, users (detailed info), services, sessions, remote TOD (time of day) and registry information from remote computer (Windows)
· SNMP device detection, SNMP Walk for inspecting network devices like routers, network printers and more
· Offers alternative command line deployment tool
· Identifies all installed Windows services
· FULL version that becomes a limited freeware version after 30 days, unless you enter a 60-day eval key or the purchased license key.
What’s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New: Scheduled scans – added a Wizard to create them easier
· Fixed: DNS Lookup utility – results are not always displayed correctly
· Fixed: Dashboard – not all chart labels are fully visible
· Fixed: Network audit – failures when saving scan results to XML file
· Fixed: Results comparison – hardware information is not analyzed
· Fixed: Scan results – sometimes a hint within scan results tree hangs and remains there until application is closed
· Fixed: Scheduled operations – stopping a scan in progress is not working
· Updated: Network audit – scan speed improvement
· Updated: Network audit – improved accuracy for scan duration estimation
· Updated: Network audit – new icons
· Updated: Network audit – various UI changes on Scan page to improve user experience
· Updated: Auto-Remediate Settings – various UI changes to improve user experience
· Updated: Auto-Remediate – a wider range of applications are now supported for auto-uninstall
· Updated: Installation kit – added support to upgrade settings from previous versions
· Updated: Scheduled operations – added option to load scheduled scan in scan results tool for detailed analysis
Please comments and give ratings. You may also report of broken or incorrect link using comments box below. Thanks!