This program is a Hosts file Manager, Editor and Helper-outter
HostsXpert is an ultra-groovy Hosts file Manager, Editor and Helper-outter. Below you will find a list of HostsXpert’s important functions.
Here are some key features of “HostsXpert”:
· Append File – Allows selection of a file to be appended to your current hosts file.
· Replace File – Allows selection of a file to replace your hosts file.
· Merge File – Allows selection of a file to be merged with your current hosts file.
· Create Backup – Creates a Backup of you current hosts file. Backup file will be placed where ever HostsXpert.exe resides on your Hard drive.
· Restore Backup – Restores the backup hosts file.
· Restore MS Hosts – Restores the hosts file to Microsoft’s original hosts file.
· Add to Hosts Files – Adds the line item into your hosts file.
· Delete Line – Deletes highlighted line from hosts file.
· Comments – Insert # / Remove# – Insert or Remove “#” (comment marker).
· Sort File – Sorts the current hosts file in alphanumeric order, removes all comment lines.
· Swap Localhost – Swaps the current hosts file between 127.0.0.1 and 0.0.0.0
· Remove Block Items – Removes all blocking lines in the current hosts file.
· Copy to Clipboard – Copies the current hosts file to the clipboard.
· Make Hosts read-only/writable toggle
· Search – Enter text to be searched for, click Previous or Next.
· Open in Memopad – Opens the Memopad built-in to HostsXpert
· Save Hosts
· Saves the Hosts file from Memopad.
· Save As – Allows you to save the hosts file as a file other than “Hosts”.
· Save Hosts Exit Memopad – Saves the Hosts file from Memopad, and returns you to normal view.
· Exit Memopad – Does not save changes.
What’s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed – Download/check update for HpHosts file.
· Fixed numerous minor bugs.
Please comments and give ratings. You may also report of broken or incorrect link using comments box below. Thanks!