A web proxy with advanced filtering capabilities for protecting privacy
Privoxy is a web proxy with advanced filtering capabilities for protecting privacy, modifying web page content, managing cookies, controlling access, and removing ads, banners, pop-ups and other obnoxious Internet junk.
Privoxy is a software that helps you control access and manage cookies.
Privoxy has a very flexible configuration and can be customized to suit individual needs and tastes. Privoxy has application for both stand-alone systems and multi-user networks.
What’s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The socket-timeout option now also works on platforms whose select() implementation modifies the timeout structure.
· Previously the timeout was triggered even if the connection didn’t stall.
· The Connection: keep-alive code properly deals with files larger than 2GB. Previously the connection was closed too early.
· The content length for files above 2GB is logged correctly.
· The user-manual directive on the show-status page links to the documentation location specified with the directive, not to the Privoxy website.
· When running in daemon mode, Privoxy doesn’t log anything to the console unless there are errors before the logfile has been opened.
· The show-status page prints warnings about invalid directives on the same line as the directives themselves.
· Fixed several justified (but harmless) compiler warnings, mostly on 64 bit platforms.
· The mingw32 version explicitly requests the default charset to prevent display problems with some fonts available on more recent Windows versions. Patch…
Please comments and give ratings. You may also report of broken or incorrect link using comments box below. Thanks!