A very simple application that will keep your children from accessing the popular MySpace website
SaferSpace is a very simple application that will keep your children from accessing the popular MySpace website.
SaferSpace keeps a close eye on your computer and whenever a user tries to access the MySpace website SaferSpace will immediately deny access to the MySpace website.
Optional features include the ability to keep a log of each time someone tries to access the MySpace website and SaferSpace can notify the user when access to MySpace is denied. You can select to block MySpace for all users of your computer or just for certain users.
SaferSpace requires administrator privileges to be installed and configured.
Here are some key features of “SaferSpace”:
· SaferSpace blocks MySpace and other websites.
· SaferSpace works with all web browsers – Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera.
· SaferSpace can keep a log of the times a user tries to access a restricted website.
· Requests for blocked websites can be redirected to a custom webpage hosted by SaferSpace.
· SaferSpace runs as a Windows service for optimal security and reliability.
· .NET Framework 2.0
· Nag screen
· Will only block access to social networking sites for 2 hours each time it is launched
What’s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added support for Windows Vista.
· Added improved support for Windows’ Fast User Switching.
· Added support for logging events to a remote database (SQL Server and MySql).
· Added option to show SaferSpace in the system tray.
· User notification supports constants.
Please comments and give ratings. You may also report of broken or incorrect link using comments box below. Thanks!