Temporarily turn off UAC prompts by clicking on an icon in the system tray
UAC Snooze is an application which allows adminstrators to temporarily stop User Account Control (UAC) prompts from asking permission to do something.
This is done by leaving UAC on, but turning off the prompts (and automatically granting elevated privileges) for a user-defined amount of time, and then automatically turning the UAC prompts back on. This allows you to take advantage of the UAC security features most of the time, while temporarily turning off the prompts when you know they are not needed.
Here are some key features of “UAC Snooze”:
· Temporarily turn off UAC prompts by clicking on the UAC Snooze icon in the system tray
· Can be configured to start automatically with Windows and not require a UAC prompt
· Clicking on the icon can turn off UAC prompts or snooze for 1, 5, 10, 30 or 60 minutes (or user-defined time)
· 10 user-defined snooze intervals can be defined
· Right-click on icon to bring up menu to select action other than the default
· When prompts are off, click on icon again to turn prompts back on
· Options to modify prompt action when program opens and closes
· Tooltip shows time remaining until prompts will be turned back on
· Icon changes based on state (Prompts On: UAC Shield , Snooze: Shield with a Z , Off: Shield with an X )
· Must be run from an account with Administrative privileges
· 30 days trial
What’s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed a problem with the installer that caused the program to expire immediately on some computers
Please comments and give ratings. You may also report of broken or incorrect link using comments box below. Thanks!