avast! Virus Cleaner description
avast! Virus Cleaner is a free tool that removes the most common viruses & worms from your computer
avast! Virus Cleaner is a free tool that will help you remove selected virus & worm infections from your computer.
When your computer gets infected by a virus or worm, the virus often schedule itself to be run automatically when you start your operating system; some of them even register themselves to be run when any other application is started.
Removing such a worm is not as simple as deleting it – when you just delete the worm file, your operating system might not be able to start your applications (such as Explorer) any more.
In order to properly remove the worm from your computer, it is often necessary to make additional fixes in your system registry, delete the links from your Startup Folder etc.
avast! Virus Cleaner will find and remove selected worms from your PC, as well as fix the registry and startup items to make sure your PC will work correctly after the disinfection.
When avast! Virus Cleaner detects and removes a known worm from your computer, its working/temporary files are removed as well. The same applies for worm-specific registry entries etc.
avast! Virus Cleaner is able not only disinfect / delete the infected files, but it can also deactivate the virus present in memory.
There is no need to start the tool from a Safe Mode – just start it and it will take care of the rest!
avast! Virus Cleaner is currently able to identify and remove the following worm families:
· Win32:Badtrans [Wrm]
· Win32:Beagle [Wrm] (aka Bagle), variants A-Z, AA-AH
· Win32:Blaster [Wrm] (aka Lovsan), variants A-I
· Win32:BugBear [Wrm], including B-I variants
· Win32:Ganda [Wrm]
· Win32:Klez [Wrm], all variants (including variants of Win32:Elkern)
· Win32:MiMail [Wrm], variants A, C, E, I-N, Q, S-V
· Win32:Mydoom [Wrm] (variants A, B, D, F-N – including the trojan horse)
· Win32:Nachi [Wrm] (aka Welchia, variants A-L)
· Win32:NetSky [Wrm] (aka Moodown, variants A-Z, AA-AD)
· Win32:Nimda [Wrm]
· Win32:Opas [Wrm] (aka Opasoft, Opaserv)
· Win32:Parite (aka Pinfi), variants A-C
· Win32:Sasser [Wrm] (variants A-G)
· Win32:Scold [Wrm]
· Win32:Sircam [Wrm]
· Win32:Sober [Wrm], variants A-I, J-K
· Win32:Sobig [Wrm], including variants B-F
· Win32:Swen [Wrm], including UPX-packed variants
· Win32:Yaha [Wrm] (aka Lentin), all variants
· Win32:Zafi [Wrm] (variants A-D)
See Demo – Download – Visit Author Site
Please comments and give ratings. You may also report of broken or incorrect link using comments box below. Thanks!