Avira AntiVir Professional description
Protects your desktop PC’s securely and efficiently
Avira AntiVir Windows Professional was designed to be a comprehensive, easy to use antivirus program, that will offer reliable virus protection to business users worldwide.
You must obtain a test license in order to test the appllication.
Here are some key features of “Avira AntiVir Professional”:
· Control Center for monitoring, administering and controlling the entire program
· Central configuration with user-friendly standard and advanced options and context-sensitive help
· Scanner (On-Demand Scan) with profile-controlled and configurable search for all known types of virus and malware
· Integration into the Windows Vista User Account Control allows you to carry out tasks requiring administrator rights
· Guard (On-Access Scan) for continuous monitoring of all file access attempts
· MailGuard (POP3 scanner and SMTP scanner) for the permanent checking of emails for viruses and malware. Checking of email attachments is included
· WebGuard for monitoring data and files transferred from the Internet using the HTTP protocol (monitoring of ports 80, 8080, 3128)
· Integrated quarantine management to isolate and process suspicious files
· Rootkit protection for detecting hidden malware installed in your computer system (rootkits)
· (Only for 32-bit systems)
· Direct access to detailed information on the detected viruses and malware via the Internet
· Simple and quick updates to the program, virus definitions, and search engine through Single File Update and incremental VDF updates via a webserver on the Internet or an intranet
· User-friendly licensing in License Manager
· Integrated Scheduler to plan one-off or recurring tasks, such as updates or test runs
· Extremely high virus and malware detection via innovative scanning technology (scan engine) including heuristic scanning method
· Detection of all conventional archive types including detection of nested archives and smart extension detection
· High-performance multithreading function (simultaneous high-speed scanning of multiple files)
· At least 192 MB RAM (Windows XP or Professional)
· At least 512 MB RAM (Windows Vista)
· 40 MB + quarantine
· 100 MB (temporary)
· 30 days trial license
What’s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Version 8 offers: integrated WebGuard, an enhanced interface, a modularized AV-search engine for improved scan performance, AntiBot and AntiDrive-by and a new module: Rescue Systems.
Please comments and give ratings. You may also report of broken or incorrect link using comments box below. Thanks!