AVIRA Removal Tool for Windows description
Avira AntiVir Removal Tool detects and eliminates Worm/Sober.J, Worm/Sober.P, Worm/Sober.Y and Worm/Stanit.A worms
Avira offers frequent virus definitions updates in order to keep its users safe from new malware outbreaks. However, there are computer users who do not perform such updates as often as required, while many others do not use antivirus protection at all.
For all those experiencing the damaging effects of a virus infection, Avira’s researchers have prepared a free removal tool, which can be used to eliminate major distinct threats.
The AVIRA antivirus solutions are mainly focusing on four areas: desktop, mail servers, file servers and proxy-dedicated solutions.
Here are some key features of “AVIRA Removal Tool for Windows”:
· Cleaning actions: the current version removes the following viruses:
· Repairing function: it fixes infected files, only if not severely damaged by the malware’s actions.
· Killing malware: this removal tool is designed to end the malware’s active process(es).
· Removing malware support files: some viruses create non malicious files inside an affected computer, which they use for fulfilling their harmful actions. This tool can identify non viral files and remove them from your system.
· Registry cleaning: as many viruses create their own entries in the registry in order to carry out their malicious actions or reload themselves at every computer start, Avira Removal Tool is capable of deleting new keys from the Windows Registry and, whenever possible, restoring default values if the registry keys are modified by the malware.
· Windows 98/ ME/ NT/ 2000/ XP/ 2003 Server.
What’s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· new virus cleaning routines were introduced
Please comments and give ratings. You may also report of broken or incorrect link using comments box below. Thanks!