ESET Smart Security description
A complete solution in the field of computer protection against infiltrations and attacks
ESET Smart Security was designed to be complete solution in the field of computer protection against infiltrations and attacks. Eset Smart Security offers more than just a sum of its parts ? it is synergy that matters most. If all components are used simultaneously, the effectiveness of the whole program is multiplied. ESET Smart Security unifies all its functions to create a complex security solution.
ESET Smart Security is based on three basic pillars:
ESET NOD32 Antivirus + Antispyware
· This component is in fact an improved version of the award-winning scanning engine of NOD32 Antivirus v2.7. With respect to program’s unprecedented scanning speed, the following improvements have been made:
· Improved system of cleaning and deleting infiltrations. The antivirus system now intelligently cleans and deletes infiltrations with no need for user interaction.
· Computer scan can be run in background in order to use only a part of system resources. Thus scanning will not affect the performance of your computer and you will be able to work on it as usual.
· The resident protection supports archive scanning.
· Update optimization, smaller update package size than in version 2.7, more effective management and protection of update files against damage.
· Email protection for users of Outlook Express.
ESET Personal Firewall
· Firewall monitors all traffic between a protected computer and other computers in the local network and in the Internet. High quality protection is provided by the following functions:
· Scanning of application protocols HTTP and POP3 (used for Internet browsing and for retrieving email from servers) for infiltrations.
· Checking low-level network communication which helps to avoid many of various remote attacks.
· Ability to recognize the character of network connections established by various types of infiltrations and ability to automatically terminate them.
· Filtering of incoming and outgoing communication based on user defined rules.
· Monitoring changes in executable files.
· Interactive and automatic mode. The former enables you to create your own filtering rules, the latter filters all communication automatically.
ESET Anti Spam
· ESET Anti Spam serves to filter unsolicited email, which makes your work with email more effective. The key features of the ESET Anti Spam are:
· Support for the RCF email format
· Supports several scanning techniques including the combination of Bayesian filter, virus signatures and user defined rules.
· Supports the creation of Blacklist and Whitelist.
· Integration with the Microsoft Outlook messaging and collaboration client.
· Ability to control multiple messages simultaneously.
Here are some key features of “ESET Smart Security”:
· Integrated firewall and antispam module
· Improved graphical user interface
· 2 operating modes for common and advanced users
· Improved and automatised cleaning
· True incremental updates
· Export / import settings
· 30 days trial
What’s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added support for SSL under Microsoft Windows 2000
· Improved support for Microsoft Windows Live Mail v4 (beta)
· Added import and export of root SSL certificates for Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Opera Software Opera web browsers
· Added ability to edit user-defined servers for threat signature updates
· Added “Smart Filtering” of logs to provide improved view of data
· Antivirus & Antispyware
· Exclusions now supported for mapped network drives (both the mapped and the UNC paths must be specified)
· Added “Smart Scan” option for quick and effective scans (parameters will be adjusted in future versions)
· ESET Personal Firewall
· Added support for UAC under Microsoft Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008
· Added 1863/TCP for Windows Live Messenger/MSN Messenger for Rules under Local Settings
· ESET SysRescue
· Added ability to include external programs on ISO images
Please comments and give ratings. You may also report of broken or incorrect link using comments box below. Thanks!