CA Anti-Virus 2009 description
Virus management solution that is inexpensive, easy to implement, manage and maintain
A majority of small- and medium-sized businesses have suffered from some disruption due to security issues. With business use of the Internet increasing, it’s hard to avoid exposure to these possible attacks. These threats include worms, viruses and other malware that may disrupt your operations, reduce productivity, violate data privacy and even lose customer confidence.
Protect your business data and applications with CA Antivirus. This comprehensive virus management solution is inexpensive, easy to implement, manage and maintain. Unlike other antivirus products, this next generation solution has dual-scanning engines that provide double protection for your business from the front door of your network, all the way to your laptops and PDAs.
Why do I need it?
Viruses can bring your business to a grinding halt. So you need a complete antivirus solution to keep you up and running in the event of a virus outbreak, and to reduce your overall business risk. CA Antivirus r8 is the ideal solution, because it protects you from viruses before they enter your network, as well as those that come in from client PCs. Remember – a server can easily pass along a computer virus introduced from a client PC that isn’t running antivirus software. But client PCs can transmit viruses without ever reaching a file server. So protecting yourself on both fronts is critical.
With our latest release, administration is simplified via a single Web-based management console which facilitates deployment throughout heterogeneous environments and eliminates the need for end-user participation. The new console displays data in an intuitive, dashboard format, providing a complete view of the antivirus situation within your organization.
What does it do for me?
CA Antivirus equals superior protection for less money. It helps reduce the cost and likelihood of virus incidents. It’s a cost-effective business investment loaded with features to protect your desktops and servers, including email servers, from a unified, web-based management console.
CA Antivirus is supported by the CA Security Advisor Team which uses a patent-pending process for research, testing and validating threats while aggregating security research from more than 400 sources. Affiliated with more than 100 security organizations, the CA Security Advisor Team is the recognized “go-to” resource for up-to-the-minute threat information and has served as a trusted source to home users, global corporations and governments since 1987.
What makes this product better?
Affordability. CA Antivirus gives you industrial-strength protection at a low price. We guarantee a lower price over the cost of renewing your current antivirus subscription, and we offer the lowest total cost of ownership of any antivirus software solution on the market today.
Ease of use. CA Antivirus is easy to use and install, and its superior manageability is designed for easy deployment and central administration from a single server saving your end users time and hassle. Its Web-based management console allows for administrative tasks to be performed from anywhere via a web browser.
Scalability. CA Antivirus fits any size business and is easy to scale as your business grows. It offers you extensive platform coverage.
Reporting. CA Antivirus provides 75 reports that you need to manage your security status such as Top Ten Viruses reports, Effectiveness Statistics, Signature Exception lists, as well as hourly, daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports. Reports are displayed in an easy-to-read, graphical format for improved administration and troubleshooting.
Reliability. CA Antivirus protects desktops, servers and PDAs, groupware (Microsoft Exchange and Lotus Notes/Domino), and gateway servers. Gateway protection proactively shields your network from malicious code as it enters your network, avoiding any impact on end-user PCs. Other vendors sell this functionality as a separate product.
Here are some key features of “CA Anti-Virus 2009”:
· Secure Now provides proactive protection by monitoring critical program functions and settings, and reminding you to keep your security at an optimal level
· Continuous Protection to keep your computer protected from the latest internet risks by automatically renewing your subscription at the then current renewal price (plus applicable tax), so you don’t have to (for more information, click here)
· Daily, Fully Automatic Updates easily and effectively address the #1 reason PC users suffer attacks: out-of-date signature files
· Automatic Email Scanning protects against viruses that arrive via email, before they can cause damage
· Scheduled and On-Demand Scanning allow you to run a scan at any time, or schedule scans at pre-selected intervals to meet your needs
· Real-time Scanning proactively stops viruses by scanning files when they are opened, closed or saved to your PC
· Advanced Heuristic Scanning helps detect new threats even before virus protection updates are created
· Interactive Virus Detection Messages provide links to helpful resources in the CA Virus Information Center when threats are detected
· Threat Outbreak Warning System provides real-time content feeds from the CA Security Advisor, giving you detailed, up-to-the-minute information on the most recent and most prevalent virus threats
· File Quarantine removes threats from their current location to a secure quarantine area to allow you to further review the file
· File Exclusion List allows you to exclude specific files and folders from scans
· Archive Scanning allows you to scan compressed files in a variety of formats
· Quick Tips provide you with helpful, at-your-fingertips answers to commonly asked questions, easing the burden of searching the Help file or contacting Support for assistance
· Supported by the CA Security Advisor Team; our worldwide research labs work 24 x 7 to detect threats before they can damage your PC, helping ensure protection from the latest threats.
· 256 MB RAM
· 300 MHz or higher processor
· Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher
· 35 MB hard disk space
· CD-ROM drive
· Internet access
· 15 days trial
· Nag screen
See Demo – Download – Visit Author Site
Please comments and give ratings. You may also report of broken or incorrect link using comments box below. Thanks!