Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Server Enterprise Edition description
The product was designed specifically for high-performance corporate servers that experience heavy loads.
The Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Servers Enterprise Edition application was designed to protect data on servers running under the Microsoft Windows family of operating systems (including x64 versions) from all types of malicious programs.
Here are some key features of “Kaspersky Anti Virus for Windows Server Enterprise Edition”:
Effective protection from malicious programs
· Real-time antivirus protection. Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Servers Enterprise Edition scans all files that are launched, opened and/or modified and disinfects or deletes all infected files. Furthermore, suspicious files and content are isolated in a quarantine area prior to undergoing further analysis.
· On-demand scanning. The application scans specified areas of the file system according to a schedule or upon demand from the system administrator.
· Scanning of critical system areas. The application can scan those areas of the operating system that are more susceptible to infection as a separate task. For example, scanning startup objects helps prevent malicious code from launching during system startup and detects hidden processes. The most susceptible areas include startup objects and objects in RAM.
· Prevention of virus epidemics. The application records any virus attacks, which helps the system administrator react promptly by launching a scan, updating the antivirus database or switching to an increased level of security.
· Isolating infected computers. If a workstation on the network becomes infected, the application blocks the user from accessing server resources for a certain amount of time. During this period, the administrator can identify the source of infection and treat the infection.
· System recovery after infection. After a malicious program is detected and deleted, Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Servers Enterprise Edition also deletes all of the records created by the malicious program in system files or the system registry. This prevents any possible malfunctions in the operating system.
· Scalability. On multiprocessor servers, system administrators can define the number of copies of the antivirus engine they would like to run simultaneously in order to accelerate the processing of server requests.
· Load balancing. The application allows administrators to regulate the allocation of server resources between the antivirus solution and other applications depending upon task priority levels; antivirus scans can continue in background mode.
· Optimized scanning. The iSwift and iChecker technologies make Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Servers Enterprise Edition complete tasks noticeably faster: the program performs a complete scan of the system during the first on-demand scan, while subsequent scans will only check new and/or modified files.
· Selection of trusted processes. The system administrator may exclude safe processes from scans, especially if they may be slowed down by an antivirus scan (e.g., backup copying, hard drive defragmentation, etc.)
· Centralized installation and control. Kaspersky Administration Kit ? a centralized administration tool ? can be used to install applications and change settings remotely for several servers at once and to control the application after installation.
· Flexible administration options. Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Servers Enterprise Edition can be managed via the Microsoft Management Console (including remote administration), Kaspersky Administration Kit, or using the command line.
· Database updates. Updating antivirus databases can be carried out on demand or automatically based on a schedule via Kaspersky Lab servers on the Internet or via local servers. The application automatically selects the least loaded update server.
· Flexible time settings for virus scans. In order to optimize the use of server resources and maximize the convenience of users, the system administrator can assign the exact time for an antivirus scan to begin and end, which makes it easy to schedule on-demand scans during times when corporate servers are not overloaded ? such as at night or on the weekend.
· Reporting system. The system administrator can control the application using reports and by reviewing the Microsoft Windows or Kaspersky Administration Kit event logs. The reporting system features a search function and a filter, which makes it easy to find the information needed in large logs.
· Information about the application’s status. The application comes with an extensive list of events of which the administrator can be notified via NetSendor via email, with support for the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and the Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM).
· Optimization for Intel Xeon (Only available with Windows Server Enterprise Edition). Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Server Enterprise Edition is optimized for multi-processor servers based on the Intel Xeon technology. The application’s scalability and high performance make it an optimal choice in high load environments.
· Microsoft Windows Server 2008 supports Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Server 2008 version 188.8.131.521 and higher
· Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Servers does not support IA-64 (Itanium) Processors
To install and manage the Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Servers Enterprise Edition via Kaspersky Administration Kit remotely, you must use Kaspersky Administration Kit 6.0 MP1 CF1 (6.0.1565 or higher)
· Microsoft Windows 2000 Server + SP4 + Update Rollup 1
· Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server + SP4 + Update Rollup 1
· Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition SP1 or above
· Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition SP1 or above
· Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Datacenter Edition SP1 or above
· Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition SP1 or above
· Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition or above
· Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 Datacenter Edition SP1 or above
· Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2003 R2
· Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition
· Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition
· Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Data Center Edition
· Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Core Standard Edition
· Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Core Enterprise Edition
· Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Core Data Center Edition
· Microsoft Windows Server 2003 x64 Standard Edition
· Microsoft Windows Server 2003 x64 Enterprise Edition
· Microsoft Windows Server 2003 x64 Datacenter Edition
· Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 Standard Edition
· Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 Enterprise Edition
· Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 Datacenter Edition
· Microsoft Windows Server 2008 x64 Standard Edition
· Microsoft Windows Server 2008 x64 Enterprise Edition
· Microsoft Windows Server 2008 x64 Data Center Edition
· Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Core x64 Standard Edition
· Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Core x64 Enterprise Edition
· Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Core x64 Data Center Edition
· 30 days trial
Please comments and give ratings. You may also report of broken or incorrect link using comments box below. Thanks!