Trend Micro System Cleaner description
Free virus and spyware removal utility from Trend Micro
Trend Micro System Cleaner is a stand-alone fix package that incorporates the Trend Micro VSAPI Malware and Spyware scanning engines as well as the Trend Micro Damage Cleanup Engine and Template.
· Create a temporary folder and copy SYSCLEAN.COM into this folder. NOTE: This temporary folder should be created on a local or mapped drive.
· Download latest malware and spyware pattern files (see Requirements) Extract the downloaded ZIP pattern files into the created folder.
· Close all applications running on your system, including any antivirus software.
· Run the executable file, SYSCLEAN.COM, by either: Double-clicking the tool in Windows Explorer / Executing it via command prompt using syntax based on the aforementioned parameters.
· Enable any antivirus software that is installed on your system and perform a manual scan. NOTE: This fix tool generates the log file, SYSCLEAN.LOG, in its current folder.
Here are some key features of “Trend Micro System Cleaner”:
· Terminate all detected malware/spyware instances in memory
· Remove malware/spyware registry entries
· Remove malware/spyware entries from system files
· Scan for and delete all detected malware/spyware copies in all local drives
· lpt$vpn.XXX in ZIP format as lptXXX.ZIP
· ssapiptn.da5 in ZIP format as ssapiptnXXX.ZIP
What’s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Major/Minor Bugs Fixed
Please comments and give ratings. You may also report of broken or incorrect link using comments box below. Thanks!