W32.Davs Removal Tool description
W32.Davs Removal Tool was designed to remove the infections of W32.Davs
W32.Davs Removal Tool was designed to remove any infections of W32.Davs
If you are on a network or have a full-time connection to the Internet, such as a DSL or cable modem, disconnect the computer from the network and Internet. Disable or password-protect file sharing, or set the shared files to Read Only, before reconnecting the computers to the network or to the Internet. Because this worm spreads by using shared folders on networked computers, to ensure that the worm does not reinfect the computer after it has been removed, Symantec suggests sharing with Read Only access or by using password protection.
If you are removing an infection from a network, first make sure that all the shares are disabled or set to Read Only.
This tool is not designed to run on Novell NetWare servers. To remove this threat from a NetWare server, first make sure that you have the current virus definitions and then run a full system scan with the Symantec antivirus product.
You must have administrative rights to run this tool on Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, or Windows XP.
Note for network administrators: If you are running MS Exchange 2000 Server, we recommend that you exclude the M drive from the scan by running the tool from a command line, with the Exclude switch. For more information, read the Microsoft knowledge base article: XADM: Do Not Back Up or Scan Exchange 2000 Drive M (Article 298924).
· Save the file to a convenient location, such as your Windows desktop.
· Close all the running programs.
· If you are on a network or if you have a full-time connection to the Internet, disconnect the computer from the network and the Internet.
· If you are running Windows Me or XP, turn off System Restore
· Locate the file that you just downloaded.
· Double-click the FixDavs.exe file to start the removal tool.
· Click Start to begin the process, and then allow the tool to run
· Restart the computer.
· Run the removal tool again to ensure that the system is clean.
· If you are running Windows Me/XP, then reenable System Restore.
· If you are on a network or if you have a full-time connection to the Internet, reconnect the computer to the network or to the Internet connection.
· Run LiveUpdate to make sure that you are using the most current virus definitions
When the tool has finished running, you will see a message indicating whether the threat has infected the computer. The tool displays results similar to the following:
· Total number of the scanned files
· Number of deleted files
· Number of repaired files
· Number of terminated viral processes
· Number of fixed registry entries
The Removal Tool does the following:
· Terminates the associated processes
· Deletes the associated files
· Deletes the registry values added by the threat
See Demo – Download – Visit Author Site
Please comments and give ratings. You may also report of broken or incorrect link using comments box below. Thanks!