W32.Downadup Removal Tool description
Freeware removal tool that will scan and clean a computer infected with the W32.Downadup virus / W32.Downadup.B virus
This tool is designed to remove the infections of W32.Downadup and W32.Downadup.B.
If you are on a network or have a full-time connection to the Internet, such as a DSL or cable modem, disconnect the computer from the network and Internet. Disable or password-protect file sharing, or set the shared files to Read Only, before reconnecting the computers to the network or to the Internet.
Because this worm spreads by using shared folders on networked computers, and also network exploitable vulnerability, to ensure that the worm does not re-infect the computer after it has been removed, Symantec suggests sharing with Read Only access or by using strong password protection
If you are using the W32.Downadup Removal Tool to remove the infection from a network, please first make sure that all the shares have been disabled or set to Read Only.
As this worm spreads through removable media, do not plug in external drives or writeable devices to the affected computer until it is confirmed to be clean. If this must be done, ensure that autorun is turned off and enable read-only mode on the device if this feature is available
· Close all the running programs.
· If you are on a network or if you have a full-time connection to the Internet, disconnect the computer from the network and the Internet.
· If you are running Windows Me or XP, turn off System Restore
· Double-click the FixDownadup.exe file to start the removal tool.
· Click Start to begin the process, and then allow the tool to run.
Note: If you have any problems when you run the tool, or it does nor appear to remove the threat, restart the computer in Safe mode and run the tool again.
· Restart the computer.
· Run the removal tool again to ensure that the system is clean.
· If you are running Windows Me/XP, then reenable System Restore
· Ensure that user accounts have strong passwords that are not in the list used by the worm.
· If you are on a network or if you have a full-time connection to the Internet, reconnect the computer to the network or to the Internet connection
The following switches are designed for use by network administrators:
/HELP, /H, /?
Displays the help message.
Disables the registry repair (We do not recommend using this switch).
Enables the silent mode.
Creates a log file where [PATH NAME] is the location in which to store the tool’s output. By default, this switch creates the log file, FixDownadup.log, in the same folder from which the removal tool was executed.
Scans the mapped network drives. (We do not recommend using this switch. See the following Note.)
Forces the tool to immediately start scanning.
Excludes the specified [PATH] from scanning. (We do not recommend using this switch. See the following Note.)
Disables the cancel feature of the removal tool.
Prevents the scanning of the file system.
Disables checking for unpatched files.
· You must have administrative rights to run this tool on Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, or Windows XP
See Demo – Download – Visit Author Site
Please comments and give ratings. You may also report of broken or incorrect link using comments box below. Thanks!