[email protected] Removal Tool description
The W32.Envid Removal Tool does the following:
If you are on a network or have a full-time connection to the Internet, such as a DSL or cable modem, disconnect the computer from the network and Internet. Disable or password-protect file sharing, or set the shared files to Read Only, before reconnecting the computers to the network or to the Internet.
Because this worm spreads by using shared folders on networked computers, to ensure that the worm does not re-infect the computer after it has been removed, Symantec suggests sharing with Read Only access or by using password protection.
How to run the tool:
– Locate the file that you just downloaded.
– Double-click the FixEnvid.exe file to start the removal tool.
– Click Start to begin the process, and then allow the tool to run.
– Restart the computer.
– Run the removal tool again to ensure that the system is clean.
– If you are running Windows Me/XP, then re-enable System Restore.
– If you are on a network or if you have a full-time connection to the Internet, reconnect the computer to the network or to the Internet connection.
Please comments and give ratings. You may also report of broken or incorrect link using comments box below. Thanks!