This application is an advanced anti worm system for Windows
WormGuard is an advanced anti worm system for Windows. It’s one of the easiest anti worm programs available to use, yet also one of the most powerful – WormGuard uses new deep-scanning generic detection technology to detect and block worms using its smart analysis engine, which actually allows it to identify and stop worms with no prior knowledge of them. Stop worm viruses now with Wormguard, the perfect companion for your anti virus scanner!
2003 was year of the internet worm. Computer worms are still heavily in use, but most worms circulating now are trojans (IRC Bots) which have worm spreading capability – like the ZOTOB worm, MYTOB worm, and lots more. Getting infected with a classic internet worm, years ago, was much less of a compromise – classic worm viruses simply tried to spread.
New “worm viruses” (worm trojans) are nearly always a trojan designed to infect a lot of machines quickly, so the attacker can sell the now worm BOTNET (group of compromised computers) to the highest bidder. A good example is the worm zotob.
These botnets are then used for DDoS attacks, spamming, and other illegal activities. The best protection from worms is Wormguard and ProcessGuard
Wormguard is designed to help protect your system against outbreaks of super-propagating PC worms. These worms have proven that traditional anti virus scanning techniques (scanning for known worms) are useless against new worms that spread around the globe faster than you can update your anti virus software. Often thousands of computers are already infected before the first updates are available to protect anti virus users.
This is where WormGuard comes in – WormGuard uses generic, heuristic detection of worms which means it finds out what the worm actually does and gives you an alert if it is something possibly harmful. The user can then analyse the output from WormGuard to determine if the file is safe to run. It’s a good idea to update your anti virus and scan the suspicious file as well.
Here are some key features of “WormGuard”:
· Analyses files content using heuristic and intelligent rule-sets rather than relying on signatures for known computer worms – this is the future of worm interception. VBS worms are no match for WormGuard, ~ 99.9% detection rates!
· Uses a unique non-resident execution hook method to render WormGuard immune to the TerminateProcess and SuspendProcess vulnerabilities that affects all other active security systems.
· Provides worm detection for ALL executed files and filetypes, ensuring the file is safe BEFORE it is allowed to run, making infection almost impossible.
· Has four primary and six secondary core detection engines built-in to handle executed files depending on their type.
· Provides network administrators with the power of blocking the execution of filenames/filetypes on all machines on their network with immediate effect.
· Also neutralises many severe Windows vulnerabilities, such as the use of hidden extensions, multiple file extensions, and excessive spaces in filenames. These are still common, effective tricks attackers use.
· Provides extended universal detection and analysis of Macros across all Microsoft Macro formats, such as DOC, XLS, and MDB.
· Provides extended universal detection and analysis of command files, such as COM, PIF, BAT, and CMD.
· Provides Deep-Scanning to detect password stealers, keyloggers, IRC worms, references to known worm authors, and much, much more.
· Allows the Network administrator the complete ability to customise/disable WormGuard user options.
· 30 day trial
See Demo – Download – Visit Author Site
Please comments and give ratings. You may also report of broken or incorrect link using comments box below. Thanks!