Passwords. Everyone on your corporate network has one. How weak is the weakest password?
Having a good password policy that is enforced across all users is fundamental to good security practices. You are probably spending money on firewalls, anti-virus, encryption and data leakage products. However, if you are using the built-in Windows Password Policy you might as well burn the money you are spending for all the security software and devices.
nFront Password Filter is a password policy enforcemnt application which was designed especially for network admins and that allows up to 6 different password policies in the same Windows domain. Each password policy has many granular settings and can be associated with one or more global or universal security groups. nFront Password Filter allows you to strengthen network security by preventing the use of weak, easily hacked passwords.
Here are some key features of “nFront Password Filter”:
· If you are a security auditor ran a password cracker on your network how many passwords would they crack?
· How can you be sure your employees are following your suggested password guidelines?
· How can you be sure your administrators are not creating accounts with blank or simple passwords?
· Are you using an identity management tool that has users change their password via a website but also allows them to bypass the website using CTRL-ALT-DEL and set weak passwords?
· Protects from external hacking.IPSec is great. VPNs are great. 128-bit encryption is great. However, the correct username and password allows a hacker to use the 128-bit IPSec VPN tunnel and access your corporate data. All of your firewall devices and IDS devices have no way of distinguishing the compromised account from the actual legitimate user.
· Protects from internal hacking. How about the new engineer who would like to access to company financial data? How about the college student who would like the modify the student records database? How about all the free password sniffing and cracking tools on the Internet?
· Disallowing weak passwords is part of the SANS/FBI Top 20 List
· Users do not understand the need for strong passwords and will not follow formal password policies unless the policies are enforced.
· 2 MB free disk space
· 2 minutes of time per domain controller to install
· 5 minutes of time per domain to configure.
· 30 days trial
Please comments and give ratings. You may also report of broken or incorrect link using comments box below. Thanks!