Agnitum Outpost Antivirus Pro description
High-Speed Anti-Virus That Keeps You Ahead Of the Game
Outpost Antivirus Pro is aimed at protecting your computer against viruses, spyware, and data leakage.
New types of threats require new forms of protection. Having come to your computer via infected internet sites, with infected e-mail messages, flash-cards, mp3-players and cameras, modern malware damages your documents, spyware steals your identities, money, and other valuable electronic commodities.
To fully protect against these new risks, an effective antivirus solution must deploy a multi-layered approach, providing proactive defence along with protection from information leakage and blocking malware and phishing Internet sites. It must also be easy to use, because if it’s not, it won’t be used.
The product’s lightweight yet effective malware scanner detects and quarantines or directly removes viruses, spyware and other malicious software automatically. The resident on-access monitor is constantly on guard against malware that’s lying idle or being activated, yet has little or no impact on system performance.
Host Protection monitors program behaviors and interactions in order to proactively defend against unauthorized activity. It also blocks Trojans, spyware, and all kinds of sophisticated hacking techniques that try to compromise your system’s security or steal your data.
Outpost Antivirus Pro uses specialized techniques to ensure that its own protection cannot be disabled by specific types of malware that were designed to do just that.
The versatile Web Control module safeguards you against the Internet’s darker side. It steers you away from websites infected with drive-by downloads, prevents the inadvertent disclosure of personal information, limits your exposure to potentially unsafe web properties, and keeps your identity private.
Powerful, easy to use protection offers extensive assistance for beginners in making the best use of the product, while advanced users will welcome the wealth of control options and customizable settings they can use to customize their own configurations.
With Agnitum Outpost Antivirus Pro your PC will be secured so you won’t have to worry about malware and data phishing.
Here are some key features of “Agnitum Outpost Antivirus Pro”:
· Preemptive threat protection
· Outpost Antivirus Pro provides the first line of defense against malicious software by proactively controlling how programs behave and interact on a PC and preventing security breaches. The Host Protection module proactively monitors for and blocks sophisticated hacking techniques used to compromise or steal data. By analyzing threats and displaying actionable alerts, Host Protection blocks zero-day attacks and other unauthorized activities, providing advanced protection against botnets, rootkits and inadvertent data disclosure.
· This latest version extends the range of monitored events and operations for even greater and more customizable protection.
· Today’s malware frequently seeks to shut down security software to make its infection process easier. By incorporating solid tamper-proof protection for all its components, Outpost Antivirus Pro makes it impossible for anyone except the authorized user of the program to disable or close active protection.
· Defense against all types of viruses and malware
· Both anti-virus and anti-spyware capabilities ensure that your computer is kept clean of any malicious program that might infect it while you’re surfing the web. The on-access monitor constantly watches for and instantly disinfects, quarantines or removes any malware objects found in key areas of the PC, while the on-demand scanner lets you scan for and remove threats on hard disks, network folders, DVDs, or external storage devices. Email attachments are checked in real time as they leave or arrive, and you can move any suspicious file to the quarantine area for later review.
· Additional protection prevents known rootkits and other sophisticated malware from loading and embedding themselves on your PC.
· Scheduled scans and exclusions
· You can set up a flexible schedule for regular malware scans, plus you can define custom scanning criteria such as checking critical system areas whenever malware definitions have been updated.
· Faster, more thorough scans
· As a result of incorporation of a new engine from our technology partner, scans now take fewer resources and complete much faster. Heuristics analysis introduces detection of mutated threats.
Privacy & web safety
· Unsafe web site access restriction
· Outpost can optionally alert and block access to potentially malicious or unwanted web sites based on a predefined list of URLs. This filtering ensures you won’t become a victim of inadvertent drive-by malware infection or phishing attacks that are looking to steal your passwords, login information and other sensitive data. The list of blocked sites is updated via the automatic updates and can be edited to reflect your preferences.
· Safe repository for personal data
· Any confidential information ? for example, bank account numbers and passwords ? that you define using ID Block is blocked from leaving the confines of your PC through communication channels such as IM, web or email. ID Block protects you against identity theft and phishing attacks that target personal, confidential information. Plus, it ensures that no-one else ? including other members of your household – can accidentally or deliberately disclose this information on the web.
Performance & optimization
· Faster, more intelligent scans
· SmartScan, the intelligent file sensing monitor, scans only the modified portions of the file system, avoiding repeat scans of files that have not changed since the last scan. The fast and intelligent anti-malware engine has no impact on overall system performance and can operate in the background while you work.
· 450 MHz CPU(x-86/x-64/multi-core),
· 256Mb RAM
· 50 Mb free disk space.
· 30 days trial
· nag screen
What’s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
Compatibility and stability:
· Issue with displaying running programs in the system tray after installing Outpost on Windows Vista;
· Issue with Outpost monitor load under Windows Vista 64-bit;
· Images were not displayed in help file;
· Search in help file did not work
See Demo – Download – Visit Author Site
Please comments and give ratings. You may also report of broken or incorrect link using comments box below. Thanks!