Avira AntiVir Server description
A first-class antivirus solution, ensuring permanent protection for Windows Server
The protection package Avira AntiVir Server consists of the Avira AntiVir Server service and AntiVir Server Console. The Avira AntiVir Server service protects your Windows server against viruses and malware.
AntiVir Server Console is used for administration, control and monitoring of the servers to be protected or of the AntiVir services on the servers to be protected. You can access any number of servers via AntiVir Server Console. Avira Resident Service will run silently in the background and monitor all file operations.
Microsoft Management Console (MMC) hosts administrative tools that you can use to administer networks, computers, services, and other system components.
Here are some key features of “Avira AntiVir Server”:
· Console for monitoring, administration and control of the whole program
· Simple, keyword-based configuration: support of configuration through integrated assistant and context-sensitive help
· Configuration and operation from separate computer possible: desktop (AntiVir Server Console) can be installed separately from the AntiVir server service
· Network administration via the Avira Security Management Center (SMC)
· Scanner (Direct scan or on-demand scan) with profile-controlled and configurable scan for all known types of viruses and malware
· Resident virus guard (real-time scan or on-access scan) for constant monitoring of all file accesses
· Extremely high virus and malware detection via innovative scanning technology (scan engine) including heuristic scanning method
· Innovative AHeAD (Advanced Heuristic Analysis and Detection) technology for detection of unknown or fast changing attackers for proactive security
· Detection of all conventional archive types including detection of nested archives and smart extension detection
· Comprehensive filter functions and file caching to increase scanning speed
· “Multi-threading capability;: simultaneous scanning of many files at high speed
· Configurable reactions to a detection: repair, deletion, moving to a quarantine directory, blocking, renaming and isolation of programs or files; automatic removal of viruses and malware
· Quarantine manager: infected files can be deleted in the quarantine directory or restored at their place of origin
· Integrated scheduler for planning one-off or recurring jobs such as updates or scans
· Automatable updating via the Internet or network-wide distribution (without system interruption)
· Comprehensive logging, warning and messaging functions for the administrator; sending of warnings in Windows networks and by email (SMTP), SMTP-authentication possible
· Protection against modifications of the program files via intensive self-test
· Can run in 32-bit mode on Microsoft Windows Server 2003, x64 Edition incl. on-access scanning On-access scanning
· Extended terminal server support
· 512 MB RAM, 2 GB recommended.
· 1 GB Windows Server 2008 Core installation
· 50 MB HDD
· 30 days trial
What’s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New AntiVir Engine (AVE2), which is up to 20 % faster than the previous one and which at the same time needs a lot less resources.
Please comments and give ratings. You may also report of broken or incorrect link using comments box below. Thanks!