The Shield Deluxe 2009 description
Combines antivirus and spyware detection methods with proactive technologies
The Shield Deluxe 2009 is an application which helps users to protect their computers against spyware and malware. The product is simple to install and set up, while offering advanced users a range of versatile settings for fine-tuning the program.
Combined antivirus technologies. The Shield Deluxe 2009, powered by Kaspersky Antivirus 6.0 relies upon integrated methods to scan for viruses: the reactive method (using signature databases) and proactive protection (behavior blocker and heuristic analysis).
Optimized for use on laptops. Users of laptops benefit from an economy mode that conserves battery energy, while users of WiFi (wireless) Internet services can automatically update antivirus databases. The program has been optimized for use on laptops based on Intel Centrino mobile technology, and for use on computers with Intel processors that support Hyper-Threading technology.
Simplicity and convenience. The Shield Deluxe 2009 is installed and set up in a matter of minutes, while the context-sensitive help function helps users quickly understand the finer points of the program’s capabilities. Moreover, the program regularly notifies users of its current protection status and gives recommendations for dealing with virus epidemics and potential threats.
PCSecurityShield provides free technical support for The Shield Deluxe customers as well as all PCSecurityShield products. The Shield Deluxe 2009 is Vista Compatible.
Here are some key features of “The Shield Deluxe 2009”:
· Antivirus Protection
· Protection for email. The Shield Deluxe 2009 scans email traffic for viruses according to the protocol via which it is sent (POP3, IMAP and NNTP for incoming mail and SMTP for outgoing mail) on any mail program, while plug-ins and treatment for viruses in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Outlook Express mail databases are offered.
· Scanning of Internet traffic. All HTTP Internet traffic is scanned for viruses in real-time, ensuring that infected objects are not saved to the computer’s hard disk.
· Protection for file systems. Individual files, catalogues and disks can be designated for antivirus scanning. Users can limit antivirus scanning to critical areas of the operating system and startup objects to ensure that attention is focused on the most vulnerable areas of the system.
· Proactive Protection
· Control over changes in the file system. With The Shield Deluxe 2009 it is possible to compile lists of applications, the component structure of which will be controlled, thus helping to prevent malicious programs from undermining the integrity of the application.
· Monitors processes in the memory. The Shield Deluxe monitors the activity of programs and processes that have been launched in the computer’s memory and, at the same time, warns users of any dangerous, suspicious or hidden processes (that is, rootkits), and of unauthorized changes in routine processes.
· Monitors changes in the operating system registry. The Shield Deluxe controls the status of the system registry and notifies users of any suspicious objects or attempts to create hidden keys in the registry.
· Blocks dangerous macros. Proactive protection affords control over the operation of macros based on Visual Basic for Applications in Microsoft Office documents and blocks dangerous macro-commands from being executed.
· System restore. The system can be restored after malicious activity. The Shield Deluxe 2009 can roll back any changes made to the system by malicious programs. Fast operating speeds
· Technology for accelerated antivirus scanning. iSwift and iChecker technology make it possible to limit scanning to new and modified files, or to limit scanning to potentially dangerous objects only. Antivirus scanning can be suspended during times of increased user activity to ensure that your computer’s resources are free for your use.
· Reduced update sizes. The size of updates downloaded to users’ PC has been reduced almost 10 times (now amounting to several tens of kilobytes) in The Shield Deluxe 2009, making our updates virtually instant.
· Intel Pentium 800 MHz
· 1GB RAM Recommended
· 50 MB available HDD space
· 30 days trial
Please comments and give ratings. You may also report of broken or incorrect link using comments box below. Thanks!