Trojan.Abwiz Removal Tool description
Trojan.Abwiz Removal Tool is designed to remove the infections of Trojan.Abwiz.F
Trojan.Abwiz Removal Tool is designed to remove the infections of Trojan.Abwiz.F.
Note for network administrators: If you are running MS Exchange 2000 Server, we recommend that you exclude the M drive from the scan by running the tool from a command line, with the Exclude switch.
· Close all the running programs.
· If you are on a network or if you have a full-time connection to the Internet, disconnect the computer from the network and the Internet.
· If you are running Windows Me or XP, turn off System Restore.
· Before running the tool, restart the computer in Safe mode.
· Locate the file that you just downloaded.
· Double-click the FixAbwiz.exe file to start the removal tool.
· Click Start to begin the process, and then allow the tool to run.
· Restart the computer.
· Run the removal tool again to ensure that the system is clean.
· If you are running Windows Me/XP, then reenable System Restore.
· If you are on a network or if you have a full-time connection to the Internet, reconnect the computer to the network or to the Internet connection.
· Run LiveUpdate to make sure that you are using the most current virus definitions
When Trojan.Abwiz Removal Tool has finished running, you will see a message indicating whether the threat has infected the system. The tool displays results similar to the following:
· Total number of the scanned files
· Number of deleted files
· Number of repaired files
· Number of terminated viral processes
· Number of fixed registry entries
The Removal Tool does the following:
· Terminates the associated processes
· Deletes the associated files
· Deletes the registry values added by the threat
· Administrative rights to run this tool on Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, or Windows XP
Please comments and give ratings. You may also report of broken or incorrect link using comments box below. Thanks!