W32.Virut Removal Tool description
This tool is designed to remove the infections of W32.Virut.CF
Important: This removal tool must be run in Safe Mode.
If you are on a network or have a full-time connection to the Internet, such as a DSL or cable modem, disconnect the computer from the network and Internet. Disable or password-protect file sharing, or set the shared files to Read Only, before reconnecting the computers to the network or to the Internet.
If you are removing an infection from a network, first make sure that all the shares are disabled or set to Read Only.
W32.Virut Removal Tool was not designed to be executed on Novell NetWare servers. To remove this threat from a NetWare server, first make sure that you have the current virus definitions, and then run a full system scan with the Symantec antivirus product.
Note for network administrators: If you are running MS Exchange 2000 Server, we recommend that you exclude the M drive from the scan by running the tool from a command line, with the Exclude switch.
· Close all the running programs.
· If you are on a network or if you have a full-time connection to the Internet, disconnect the computer from the network and the Internet.
· If you are running Windows Me or XP, turn off System Restore.
· Locate the file that you just downloaded.
· Double-click the FixVirut.com file to start the removal tool.
· Click Start to begin the process, and then allow the tool to run.
· Restart the computer.
· Run the removal tool again to ensure that the system is clean.
· If you are running Windows Me/XP, then reenable System Restore.
· If you are on a network or if you have a full-time connection to the Internet, reconnect the computer to the network or to the Internet connection.
NOTE: If you have any problems when you run the tool, or it does nor appear to remove the threat, restart the computer in Safe mode and run the tool again.
When the tool has finished running, you will see a message indicating whether the threat has infected the computer. The tool displays results similar to the following:
· Total number of the scanned files
· Number of deleted files
· Number of repaired files
· Number of terminated viral processes
· Number of fixed registry entries
What the tool does
The Removal Tool does the following:
Terminates the associated processes
Deletes the associated files
Repairs infected files
Deletes the registry values added by the threat
The following switches are designed for use by network administrators:
/HELP, /H, /?
Displays the help message.
Disables the registry repair (We do not recommend using this switch).
Enables the silent mode.
Creates a log file where [PATH NAME] is the location in which to store the tool’s output. By default, this switch creates the log file, FixVirut.log, in the same folder from which the removal tool was executed.
Scans the mapped network drives. (We do not recommend using this switch. See the following Note.)
Forces the tool to immediately start scanning.
Excludes the specified [PATH] from scanning. (We do not recommend using this switch. See the following Note.)
Disables the cancel feature of the removal tool.
Prevents the scanning of the file system.
Disables checking for unpatched files.
· You must have administrative rights to run this tool on Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, or Windows XP.
See Demo – Download – Visit Author Site
Please comments and give ratings. You may also report of broken or incorrect link using comments box below. Thanks!