A software that will help you prevent unauthorized access to your computer
Sentry locks down your computer on demand, watching over your desktop so it stays secure when you aren’t using it. No other programs can be opened, no browser history can be snooped at, and nobody will be touching your files while you’re gone.
Sentry can even take messages from people who dropped by your workstation while you were away. You can customize the appearance of your screen while Sentry is running, and have your favorite screen savers run within the program.
Sentry can launch from a system tray icon, after your computer has been idle (no keyboard/mouse input) for a certain amount of time or from a global hotkey. The Sentry2Go feature lets you copy the program to removable media such as a floppy disk, USB flash drive, or CD-rom, allowing you to quickly lock any public workstation you may be using. Sentry is ideal for people in workplaces who may have to leave their system unexpectedly and don’t want co-workers to snoop around in their files. It’s also useful for teachers, parents, etc, who don’t want the kids messing with their computer if it’s left on.
· Internet Explorer 5.0 or greater recommended
· 30 days trial
· nag screen
What’s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Simplified the screensaver options
· More events are now logged in the log files
· Can now use F11 to modify the current layout
· SLF Layout editor can now revert changes
· New toolbar button to show status of network access, resume if needed.
· Fixed some RunOnce issues, the program not reappearing in the system tray
· Started work on registration
· Started work on USB export
· Other tweaks
Please comments and give ratings. You may also report of broken or incorrect link using comments box below. Thanks!