Protea AntiVirus Tools, Quick Heal description
An easy to use antivirus tool for Lotus Notes/Domino
Protea AntiVirus Tools for Lotus Notes/Domino scans and cleans automatically the message body, attached files, rich text fields and OLE objects in Domino mail, keeps Domino bases virus-free.
Virus detection is handled by Quick Heal AntiVirus and others. Scanning occurs in real-time, cleaning e-mail traffic of Lotus Domino without slowing down the mail delivery. All infected objects are blocked, regardless of format, archive or compression type.
Protea AntiVirus Tools, Quick Heal version is a security tool that scans and cleans attached files.
On-demand scanning ensures that databases are virus-free on setup. Fully configurable, scheduled database scanning offers an additional level of protection.
The scanner checks the database in the catalogs specified by the Administrator. It provides automatic virus signature file updates, centralized virus activity logs, and integration with the Lotus Notes administration client.
Here are some key features of “Protea AntiVirus Tools, Quick Heal”:
· Scans all mail passing through Lotus Domino for viruses.
· Scans for viruses documents in the users bases as set by Administraror.
· Cure, deletes or removes into quarantine infected and suspected mail messages and documents.
· Notifies users and administrators about infected and suspected objects.
· Saves results in the Log file.
· Optimized speed.
· Lotus Domino R5.0.3 for Windows or higher (Notes/Domino server R5, R6, R6.5 or R7).
· CPU Pentium 133 or higher.
· 64 MB RAM (recommended 128 MB).
· 15 MB hard drive space.
· Encrypted files cannot be checked.
· Electronic signature may be damaged during the scanning process.
· Files created in OS2 and Macintosh cannot be checked.
What’s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· feature: Support of Lotus Domino R8.5.
· improved: Support of VirusBuster engine 4.6.5.
· improved: Updater for the VirusBuster version supports configuring proxy server parameters.
· improved: Improved 64 bit support.
· improved: Log messages have been extended.
· improved: Documentation is changed.
· bugfix: The bug of the connector to the ClamAV antivirus has been fixed.
Please comments and give ratings. You may also report of broken or incorrect link using comments box below. Thanks!